Something happened to me yesterday and my buddy, C*, noticed. We’re texting back and forth and I’m all engaged about the races we have scheduled and he simply said, “You are on a roll today, Mike**. Welcome back.”
First of all, I was glad he noticed. Secondly, he is sort of right.
Things I did yesterday that seem to be pointing in the right direction:
1. Renewed my USAT card2. Signed up for REV3 Knoxville
3. Booked a hotel for REV3
4. Booked a hotel for Chattanooga (this was actually Wednesday and for spectating IMCHATT, but still)
5. Changed my Facebook header to a scene from IM Louisville.
6. Thought seriously about signing up for the Chattanooga Waterfront Tri.
7. Thought about signing up for the ADPI sprint in Murfreesboro.
I should have pulled the trigger on #IMLOU. I don’t know what I’m waiting for, but something is telling me to wait. Maybe it’s because I’ve dropped 500 bucks in two days and don’t even have a kit to wear this season.
Since yesterday, there is now a total of 6 people I know, J, C,***, W, M, K, and me, are all signed up for Rev 3 Knoxville. Last year it was a beast and I’m hoping the weather is even rougher this time because it really made me tough. But obviously not tough enough to sign up for Louisville . . . yet.
* A lot of weirdos have been sniffing around my blog lately, so I’m protecting the names of my friends.
** I’m not hiding, however.
*** Not the real JC, but technically they are related.